The Prieuré plant
Since the 18th century, the lake has been the main source of water for Geneva. Given the deterioration of the water quality, the construction of a filtration station at the Prieuré site was begun in 1948, which was commissioned in 1957.
It is at this Prieuré facility that the raw water collected from the lake is treated. Once all impurities have been cleared, the drinking water is pumped and distributed across the Geneva network.
of water collected from Lake Geneva
depth at which water is collected
average water temperature